Sell your records
We'd love to expand our inventory to a ridiculous amount of great music and we're always on the hunt for great records.
You could sell your records on Kijiji, hoping you'll get a reasonable price for them or you could talk to Funky Moose Records.
We could give you pennies on the dollar for your records, but we're in business to share the love of music, so instead of giving you $3 for your record that we'll sell for $20, we'd rather split the profits when it gets sold. That's why we have our consignment program.
This is how it works:
- Tell us what you have. Make a list and take pictures of what you have. This is an important step to know we're not going to be wasting time on travelling to get the records.
- When we're interested in what you're selling, we'll make arrangements to either drop off the records or we'll come get them. All depending on where you live.
- We'll flip through the records on the spot, making a quick judgement on the records in person, making sure there are no low-value records in the box (see more on this below).
- Back at the office, we go through all the records in detail, grade them and put them for sale, with a reasonable price, based on market value.
- We keep track of all the sales in our system. Every record that's sold under your name will go in a list and on a regular basis, we'll pay out what we've sold to you (via an e-Transfer).
Music we're interested in:
Classic/alternative rock, metal, jazz, blues, some pop.
Artists like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Metallica, Fleetwood Mac, Elvis, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Miles Davis, John Lee Hooker, Herbie Hancock, Booker T, ZZ Top, Eric Clapton, etc.
Music we're not interested in:
Christmas, families, anything "brass", Reader's digest boxes. Anything on 78rpm discs or 7" singles.
Music we're on the fence about:
Artists like Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash are somewhat interesting, but Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton and Don Williams, not so much. It really depends on what you have and what shape it's in.
Records and covers should be in reasonable shape. We aim to sell only records that are graded VG+ and better, according to the Goldmine Standard.
What about low-value records?
If it so happens that we find records in your box that are of low value (under $5), we can either put them in a dollar-box and sell them as a package or we keep them separate and we can deliver them back to you/you pick them up.
The reason we don't post these online is, for one, we'd like to be a high-quality record store with records that people know have value. Secondly, we sell 99% of our records online. If packing material is more expensive than the contents, it's not worth shipping.
What if it doesn't sell?
We're aiming to sell your whole collection, but you might have records that are simply not popular enough to be sold. We'll find a mutually agreed upon period for selling the records. If the records aren't sold within X weeks/months, you'll get them back, or you can donate them.Get in touch and sell your vinyl!