"I have been using this cleaner since it was released...the results are amazing! This is a must for any record collector and would recommend this to anyone looking for the best way to clean their vinyl records! GrooveWasher...or nothing for me!" Christopher Burns
The GrooveWasher Starter Kit includes:
- Your choice of handle in five colors. Industrial strength velcro holds the cleaning pad securely yet allow it to be removed for cleaning and replacement.
- One All Purpose Cleaning Pad (Red Base)--with velcro on the base to secure the pad to the handle and allow easy removal for cleaning or replacement.
- One 2 oz bottle of G2 Fluid with mist spray applicator.
- Record label protector mask
- GrooveWasher Record Cleaning Booklet
The GrooveWasher G2 Fluid is the result of years of research and testing. The selection of ingredients was guided by the formulations of the D series fluids of the 1970s. G2 is hydrophilic and non-reactive to PVC vinyl. G2 Fluid is designed for maximum cleaning effectiveness of the delicate vinyl surface and microgroove. Anti-static action on contact. Just honest cleaning to release the honest sound of the recording.
G2 does not fix scratches or scuffs. Once the analog signal in the microgroove is lost, nothing will recover it.
A two ounce spray bottle has more than 300 fine mist sprays. Enough to clean both sides of 50 records! (YMMV). 2 oz-4 oz Combo Fluid Packs and 8 ounce refill bottles are available for separate purchase.
Some vinyl record cleaning fluids on the market today are plain distilled water. Or worse, have high levels of alcohol which is an ineffective cleaner and can harm vinyl records. Some can leave a layer in the microgroove that reduces sound fidelity.
G2 Fluid Contains:
• Surfactants: State of the art surfactants, designed to dissolve the oils from fingerprints and effectively clean the vinyl record's delicate surface.
• Super wetting agents: A specialty chemical combined with a blending agent that reduces the fluid's viscosity so it can penetrate to the bottom of the microgroove and spread the G2 Fluid across the record evenly.
• Emulsifiers: Agglomerates oils, dirt, mildew and microdust particles and holds in suspension until the microfiber fabric cleaning pad absorbs and pulls the contaminants from the record surface. The emulsifiers restore the record's natural shiny surface. They do not leave a film or coating.
• Purified, deionized water: Deionized water is a suitable carrier for the active cleaning ingredients and eliminates static electric charges on the record's surface on contact.
GrooveWasher Wood Handle Design
The GrooveWasher starter kit handle is milled from a single piece of American poplar. The handle shape was carefully designed to be easy to grip while you are cleaning your records. It feels good in your hand. Each handle is hand crafted in North Kansas City, MO, USA. The velcro design allows GrooveWasher Cleaning Pads to be cleaned or replaced. Replacement pads are available for separate purchase.
Cleaning Pad Design--Science
The GrooveWasher cleaning pads feature the highest quality split microfiber and other absorbent fabrics. These fabrics are effective in removing the contaminants borne in the G2 Fluid from the record's microgroove. The cleaning pads are hand crafted in North Kansas City, MO, USA.
Record Cleaning Instruction Booklet & Quick Start Guide
Each GrooveWasher Starter Kit includes an Instruction Booklet with helpful information on record cleaning and using the GrooveWasher System.
"GrooveWasher is the best manual record cleaner on Earth. And likely Mars and Jupiter too." Nate Goyer, The Vinyl Guide Podcast
Designed and hand crafted by GrooveWasher in North Kansas City, MO, USA